Agarthi - Il Forum di Martin Mystère

Domande per V. Beretta - Back in Action e Microaggiornamento, ...con tre pagine di sceneggiatura in anteprima!

« Older   Newer »
Vincenzo Beretta
view post Posted on 25/7/2007, 10:19

QUOTE (Prof. Mystère @ 18/7/2007, 20:43)
Se sia un bene o un male, non saprei dirlo. La Bonelli, in generale, è una casa editrice vecchio stampo e ha i lettori vecchio stampo. Ma le nuove generazioni preferiscono l'innovazione.

Prof, in realta' non penso che il problema sia necessariamente legato all'innovazione. Personalmente ho sempre pensato che gli albi Bonelli, per formato e ritmo narrativo, potessero essere paragonati a film o telefilm - almeno, non trovo nulla di quanto mi piace veramente in cinema e in TV a livello di racconto e contenuti che non potrebbe essere stato realizzato come albo Bonelli.

Per farti un esempio, miniserie come "Banda di Fratelli", "Rome" e ora "I Tudor", di HBO, avrebbero benissimo potuto essere miniserie a fumetti Bonelli, con la stessa cura per la ricostruzione storica, lo sviluppo delle trame, i dialoghi, la caratterizzazione dei personaggi...

Il problema, ovviamente, e' che autori e artisti devono lavorarci su, e molto. Ma, in compenso, i problemi di produzione e i costi sono molto minori - visto che si parla di fumetti e non di riprese filmate.

Per questa ragione sono parecchio curioso di vedere cosa ha fatto Manfredi con "Volto Nascosto". Il periodo scelto (la prima colonizzazione italiana in Africa Orientale fino alla disfatta di Adua) e' molto interessante.

[Per chi vuole prepararsi "consiglio" il primo volume dell'opera di Angelo del Boca "Gli Italiani in Africa Orientale", negli Oscar Mondadori, che copre proprio dai primissimi passi del nuovo regno a Adua. :) ]

P.S. Ho risposto al tuo PM

Prof. Mystère
view post Posted on 26/7/2007, 09:59

CITAZIONE (Vincenzo Beretta @ 25/7/2007, 11:19)
P.S. Ho risposto al tuo PM

Ti ringrazio di cuore! :)

Allora ne approfitto per dire che, grazie alla disponibilità di Vincenzo, questo topic sarà trasformato in "Domande per Vincenzo Beretta" e che sarà trasferito nella sezione autori.

view post Posted on 26/7/2007, 11:40

Vecchio Saggio

Group:

Allora prima domanda, in qual :rolleyes: che modo di rito:

di che segno sei?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No, però quasi altrettanto banale: progetti in corso e/o per il futuro?

L'ombra diafana
view post Posted on 27/7/2007, 20:27

Hi, Vince! I am sorry for replaying late, but, unfortunately, I spent last week worrying about something else.
SPOILER (click to view)
Partizan disqualified from UEFA Cup

Serbian club FK Partizan have been disqualified from the 2007/08 UEFA Cup with immediate effect.

Spectator incidents
The Belgrade club has been handed the punishment by the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body for the conduct of their supporters during the UEFA Cup first round, first-leg match against Bosnia-Herzegovnian hosts NK Zrinjski in Mostar on 19 July. Partizan won the match 6-1.

Additional fine
Partizan have also been fined €30,056 (CHF 50,000). An appeal against the verdict may be lodged within three days of the sending of the reasoned decision. The body took its decision after examining the report of the UEFA disciplinary inspector and hearing evidence from Partizan officials. Subject to any appeal proceedings, Zrinjski will progress to the second qualifying round.
Now, when everything is over, let try to put myself back together, and concentrate on this topic...

Yes. Notice how that report underlined how the reasons for what had happened were *unknown*. No one, on Earth, could have imagined the real reasons behind the unstoppable activation of the device.

Very interesting! With unknown reason you were able to present readers that behind the curtains, aliens were responsible, actually. And that satellite that appears on the plate altogether with Pleiade "constellation" is actually satellite of Mu, not alien one...

Yes. Which leaves an interesting question: what happened to Isemori? Amaterasu believed that the anti-matter was a weapon to be used agains Atlantis: she didn’t knew the truth (i.e. the pact between Isemori and the aliens) – and Isemori (the one who knew the truth) just does seem to disappear after the anti-matter is seized by Amaterasu and hidden in the Ombre Diafane’s city.

There was much more going on behind, of course – at least when we were plotting these storylines.

Logical answer on that question (since, I as a simple reader, have no clue what you guys were plotting on, but I can based my assumption on logic) is that Amaterasu, aware of Isemori's doing behind her back, and wishing that eventually become Empress instead of Empress, would put her sister in chains, or somewhat else neutralized her menace. For the sake of throne as well as sake of the war.

No: they came to Earth because they needed the anti-matter, not to destroy the planet. And they didn’t “destroyed Earth” (like the Vogon do in “The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy”). They “teached earthlings a lesson”. The method they choose for their retaliation was not one of total destruction, “only” one who would have guaranteed a long period of suffering to Earth’s inhabitants – from which maybe they would have re-emerged stronger and wiser. This, of course, didn’t worked at all.

It seems to me that you just have described Yahweh! Is He an alien? :B):
However, when I mentioned Vogons, I didn't mean literally...

My girlfriend at the time noted how in my stories there was this recurring theme of an “outside intervention” aimed at “improving humanity” – and how it always ended up badly. This happens in “La Maledizione del Sahara” with the alien device in the lost city, in “Il Segreto delle Ombre Diafane” and in the last story of Magic Patrol, where, again, the attempt by the aliens to “improve humanity” ends up in the biggest display of suffering and disaster of the whole mini-series.

While I never consciously put these ideas in my scripts, I must admit that they are there. I fondly remember the last dialogue between Martin and Leslie in “La Maledizione del Sahara”, when Leslie is sad for the “lost opportunity”, while Martin, at the end, is happier to improve and become a better men through experience, personal learning, mistakes and failures.

Trivia moment: in the original script the last line of dialogue was “…At the end, I do like adventure more” (“…Alla fin fine preferisco l’avventura”) – which was a word play between what Martin had just said and the classic “end words” of many adventure tales. This was judged “too banal” during revision, and changed into “Come on, let’s return home” (“Coraggio, torniamo a casa”)

La maledizione del Sahara deserves another topic for discussing. I have to read it over again, but, I have fears that story don't fit to continuity either...

There was a reason for this. Earth, in the MM series, has been described by some readers as “a galactic crossroad”. It was true, and when I left, we had already started to lay down the groundwork for the reason behind this (remember that Earth is “the planet of mysteries…” well, for a good reason!”) I will only say that for some alien races humanity was “part of the big scheme” while for others it was “an unfortunate accident”. All, I want to specify, grounded down in ancient myth and in scientific theories and/or speculations – i.e. nothing in the “sheer realm of SciFi”.

I wish I can see the reason why is one pale, blue dot, an insignificant peace of rock in the Universe a galactic crossroad. Also, I hope that I will not learn it in stupid, moronic Asteroid Argo series. Does Vigna and company have a blessing from MM staff at all???

One key story was “L’Ultima Caravella”. There were many elements in it which I had put as a groundwork for future developments. Someone, for example, had criticized the fact that the alien probe came from “another galaxy” as “too far fetched”, because there was no need to go so far when our galaxy already has a lot of place and mysteries. It actually was one of the key points: to some alien species “space” had not the same meaning we give to it.

Interesting. I must have missed something. True, I have read it long time ago, maybe it is a time to refresh my memory (and weekend is coming, yeeeee).

As I wrote, I still feel that the reason for “The End of the World” was still firmly rooted in the rivalry between Mu and Atlantis. Isemori tried to up the ante and overcome Atlantis (and her sister as side effect) one time too much, and the breaking point was reached. It was bound to happen, soon or later, aliens or not aliens, IMHO.

Of course that the reason for the destruction was the rivalry between 2 superpowers, that's not the problem. Not even that chain of Isemori's and Amaterasu's steps toward war/peace with Atlantis caused it. The only problem for me WAS (but not still now ;) ) that aliens played a trigger for the Last Day. But, you have convinced me that aliens could have some role in this war...
[Another trivia moment: in the original edition of MM 23, pag. 59, in the caption Nadia is mistakenly called “Diana”. Reading the story we have the impression that the there is a feeling of sort between Martin and Nadia (Martin even asks her to come to America with him), and, of course, NADIA is the anagram of DIANA. One day I jokingly said to Alfredo that “if he needed an idea for “MM’s unknown son” the time that Martin and Nadia spend in the Siberian cave – awaiting death – could have been a good moment for the “scandal to happen”. Alfredo of course blew a couple of blood vessels and the question was never again touched :)

However, let’s imagine for a moment that the idea of a son for Martin was seriously on the table… see how without introducing anything new and without twisting the continuity, the story elements for him to have a son were already in the books? Many other things we developed at that time worked this way.]

If you ask me, more appropriate girl for that "role" is Hilda Schmesser. They have spent almost two romantic months together, so... well, you know ;)

But, of course, BVZA ruled out any idea about MM's son, right?

I think that the mistake, here, is to think to Atlantis times as a “snapshot”. I think of them as a vast era in the world history, with some key players who had the powers to live for centuries, a floating geopolitical situation (think of our world in 1900, 1950 and 2000), and a lot of mysteries. Remember that “Atlantis had her Atlantis, too”, i.e. there are hints of an ever more ancient civilization that came ***before*** Atlantis and Mu, and disappeared. IMHO, numbers like “50.000 years of history” are nothing in geological times, but immense in human terms.

To tell you the truth, I never thought about Atlantis as a "snapshot". For me, the war that we are talking about was the LAST one, between Atlantis and Mu, that caused totally destruction of Earth, civilization etc... It is normally to assume that in the very long history of this rivalry there were more clashes and wars between 2 superpowers, but finally war is the one that we are discussing right now.

For me it is not a problem to lace events described in La citta delle ombre diafane in the time before, let say 50 000 years BC. It is OK to suppose it, because you have claimed in your gigante that those naacal tablets that were read by Orloff were actually incomplete, therefore those tablets could be mix of previous and later events. Thus, Ra Vanu, Ra Mu and Kala could be actors of some other war between Atlantis and Mu. But, for clearing this mess up, we really need another Mu/Atlantis story in the future including all of these elements above. Don't you think so?

Here we have another mystery to resolve: which was the first destruction of Atlantis? Was that 75 000 years ago, when Oduarpa caused it (see Il canto della sirena, and Il re rosso), or there were more destruction of Atlantis (according to Almanacco del mistero 1989)? I know that it is not a part of our discussion, but I just want to mention it as a curiosity.

Maybe it was an “Empire” from Mu’s point of view – remember the “Imperialist Americans” of Soviet times :)

OK, it makes some sense...

I don’t know. Actually, I had the feeling that Mu could have physically decentralized the government, so that there was not a single “Capitol” but a network of government offices and regional capitols connected in real time both technologically and spiritually – maybe to avoid the problems of a “first strike” or maybe because that was in their culture. If you accept this, then the “honorary Capitol” would have been were Amaterasu was located.

I see. But, anyway, you could give us some names of Mu's cities. IMHO, always is better to have any kind of name that none (or just "capitol")...

Which is understandable, since I did that ***exactly*** to avoid a precise placement in time and space of the events portrayed :)

While I can understand your reasons for NOT placing the precise time of events in Il segreto delle ombre diafane, which might be that you wanted to have more freedom for further development, by not doing this you have provoked 2 things:
a) a reader (aka me ^_^ ) is left with confusion, having him (uhm, me) feeling totally lost in space and time, not able to put things together that make some sense, and
b) leaving to the other writers (aka Russo) open hands to f**k up the storyline for good by placing 18th year of Grat Eagle only 2 years before destruction of Earth, eliminating those 10 years of building memory chamber through whole world by both powers
Knowing that the war started in the 8530 year BC, or 4203 year of Yod, you have a lot of space and opportunity to precise those events on Mu, they might happen before the war started, they might happen while the war was already there, but it MUST be placed BEFORE 8522 year BC, or 4211 year of Yod, so that both Atlantis and Mu have a chance for chambers building...

Thanks for the answers.
All the best,
Darko

view post Posted on 28/7/2007, 11:39

Il Dybbuk

Group:
Re del Mondo

Ho anch'io un paio di domandine:
1-Il personaggio di Erickson è un'idea tutta tua o è frutto di riunioni di redazione?
2-Quando l'hai creato immaginavi (o era già stato programmato) che sarebbe diventato un personaggio così importante per la "continuity" o era nato solo come 'comparsa'?

Grazie per le eventuali risposte ;)

Vincenzo Beretta
view post Posted on 29/7/2007, 17:03

Allora, un bel po' di domande :)

Per quanto riguarda l'astrologia, sono dei Gemelli. E devo dire che, sebbene io non creda agli oroscopi, tutte le descrizioni che ho letto dei nati sotto questo segno mi descrivono abbastanza bene (un fatto penoso soprattutto per le redazioni per cui lavoro...)

Riguardo a cosa sto lavorando... Beh, sono tornato alla mia occupazione principale nelle riviste di videogiochi. Fumettisticamente parlando, pero', sto mandando avanti con ritmo diseguale tre progetti. Di uno, che si intitola "Oltre" qualcosa, metto un'anteprima qui sotto.

[I disegni sono di Monica Catalano, i colori di Patrizia Zangrilli].

Degli altri due diro' che uno e' un progetto personale a cui tengo molto, e che unisce le atmosfere de "I Fiumi di Porpora" ai mysteri della Francia Meridionale (ma non i soliti Catari, ci sono cose altrettanto affascinanti e meno note laggiu' - per esempio Arnaud de Villeneuve... ;) ) e a "spruzzate" di altri argomenti che vanno dall'alchimia, all'analisi dei problemi psicologici dei bambini attraverso l'interpretazione dei loro disegni. Non ha ne' editore ne' scadenza, visto che sto completando le ricerche (libri e un viaggio in Francia sui luoghi in cui si svolge la storia) e il soggetto di base - mentre la sceneggiatura sara' scritta (se la cosa andra' in porto) in base a chi decidera' di pubblicarlo e al relativo formato.

L'ultimo progetto... diciamo che per ora e' top secret, ma anche che ne parlero' in anteprima qui quando lo avro' completato

Su Erickson. No, l'idea del personaggio e' stata completamente mia, e inizialmente nacque per Magic Patrol, anche se poi ovviamente e’ entrato a fare parte dell'universo del BVZM.

La mia idea era di creare la figura di un UiN che dentro di se' abbracciasse genuinamente e rigidamente l'originaria l'ideologia degli Illuminati - ovvero che, mentre l'individuo e' degno del massimo rispetto, l'umanita' (intesa come collettivo degli individui) per qualche misteriosa ragione e’ incline a combinare guai e disastri (del tipo in cui vanno a finire male anche gli innocenti). E per questa ragione che occorrono figure "illuminate" capaci, agendo nell'ombra, di guidarla come "buoni pastori" cercando di evitarle guai che alla fine ricadrebbero su tutti. Ovviamente si ritiene giusto che tali menti illuminate, sia per meriti oggettivi (intelligenza, forza di spirito, sangue freddo e altri talenti) per il loro “lavoro” siano ricompensate direttamente o indirettamente con posizioni di privilegio e altri “benefit”.

Cio', quindi, non fa di Erickson un'idealista. E' un uomo pratico, intelligente, pericoloso e privo di scrupoli. Non esita a usare l'omicidio come mezzo per raggiungere i suoi scopi, se non altro perche' e' naturalmente convinto che "qualunque governo gia' fa lo stesso". Al tempo stesso tale sua "purezza di visione" lo porta anche a battersi contro coloro che, all'interno della stessa organizzazione degli UiN cercano di avvalersi dei poteri a loro assegnati per raggiungere unicamente benefici personali. E' per questo che in alcune storie egli viene incaricato di assumere il ruolo di "ispettore" o, quasi, di "inquisitore" all'interno degli UiN.

Personalmente penso che Erickson irradi una certa simpatia. Almeno cosi' e' risultato da alcune lettere dei lettori e domande fatte alle fiere. Probabilmente e' vero, e, ironicamente, penso che questo sia un elemento che (nella finzione del fumetto) contribuisce a renderlo ancora piu' pericoloso. Un UiN puo' reclutare un uomo di potere e convincerlo a collaborare in cambio di ancora piu' potere; ma Erickson puo' reclutare anche idealisti, disillusi dal mondo e altri personaggi che non associeremmo agli UiN e convincerli a abbracciare una "diversa visione della realta’" - contribuendo da quel momento con i loro talenti agli scopi degli UiN. Sarebbe dunque sbagliatissimo caratterizzarlo come "in fondo un buono": nel momento in cui uno lo pensa ha gia' fatto il primo passo verso il Lato Oscuro. Io, almeno, me lo immaginai cosi'...

Riguardo a diventare importante per la continuity.... Egli nacque, come ho scritto, per MP. La "vita propria" che poi un personaggio assume durante un racconto non e' qualcosa che l'autore sempre controlla. Diciamo che alla fine della sua prima storia sentii che Erickson portava un qualcosa di nuovo nel mondo di MM, e decisi di riutilizzarlo. Poi ho visto che lo hanno utilizzato anche altri autori, quindi penso che la mia intuizione sia stata giusta. :)

La risposta in inglese a Darko la scrivo quando fa meno caldo :B):

attilas
view post Posted on 28/9/2007, 12:22

Ciao Vincenzo,
mi sapresti gia' dire se sarai presente al LuccaComics di quest'anno ed eventualmente in quali giorni?
:D

Vincenzo Beretta
view post Posted on 11/10/2007, 06:04

CITAZIONE (attilas @ 28/9/2007, 13:22)
Ciao Vincenzo,
mi sapresti gia' dire se sarai presente al LuccaComics di quest'anno ed eventualmente in quali giorni?

Ciao Attilas!

MI scuso per il ritardo nella risposta, ma gli ultimi giorni sono stati un turbine di attivita'. Si', saro' a Lucca dal 2 al 4 novembre, in forma privata e senza servizi filmati ;) Il che significa che non vengo per fare alcunche', ma per fare una gita, vagare per la fiera e rilassarmi un po'.

Saluti!

V.

Deki5
view post Posted on 11/10/2007, 14:38

Eh, purtroppo neanche quest'anno andrò in una convention fumettistica... La mia regiona non aiuta :(

Cmq complimenti per la firma, Vincenzo :D

attilas
view post Posted on 11/10/2007, 19:23

CITAZIONE (Vincenzo Beretta @ 11/10/2007, 07:04)
CITAZIONE (attilas @ 28/9/2007, 13:22)
Ciao Vincenzo,

Ciao Attilas!

MI scuso per il ritardo nella risposta, ma gli ultimi giorni sono stati un turbine di attivita'. Si', saro' a Lucca dal 2 al 4 novembre, in forma privata e senza servizi filmati ;) Il che significa che non vengo per fare alcunche', ma per fare una gita, vagare per la fiera e rilassarmi un po'.

Saluti!

V.

Naturalmente mi concederei un Autografo ed una Foto...!!!
:P

view post Posted on 28/11/2007, 18:26

Vecchio Saggio

Group:

ciao Vincenzo, mi ha detto EddieJobson di rivolgermi direttamente a te.
Ho fatto molte forse troppe domande sul Gigante 8 e sulle Ombre Diafane
Che ne dici di dargli un'occhiata se puoi rispondere a qualche dubbio che mi attanaglia? :D
:rolleyes:
Grazie Aldous

Web  Top
Prof. Mystère
view post Posted on 25/12/2007, 10:26

Auguri di un felice Natale, Vincenzo!!! :)

BLADERUNNER2000
view post Posted on 29/12/2007, 10:30

Mi hanno detto che tu Vincenzo in un anno e mezzo hai scritto solo 8 pagine del terzo volume
di Oltremare ( disegnate dalla Catalano).
Se questa è la media del tuo lavoro, penso che l'ultimo volume lo leggeremo
quando avremo la barba bianca!!
Che ci dici?

Prof. Mystère
view post Posted on 31/12/2007, 17:17

Tanti auguri di buon anno nuovo!!!

view post Posted on 5/2/2008, 17:23

Vecchio Saggio

Group:

Di solito UBC esagera con le critiche ma stavolta ha ragione IMHO.
Il "Segreto delle Ombre Diafane" è una grande storia, con finale filosofico sul significato della conoscenza, ma ci ha creato un bel casino con la continuity mysteriana. Occorre rimediare. Vincenzo vuoi rispondere a qualcuna delle domande che ho posto nella discussione? :cry: Perdona la brutalità di un lettore appassionato che ha cercato anche in altre serie (NN 64-65) delle risposte trovando però altra confusione (Atlantide 15.000 anni fa invece che 10.500).

Grazie ;)

Web  Top
130 replies since 7/6/2007, 13:37   2503 views